Saturday, July 29, 2006

So after riding buses for 26 hours straight, I am finally in the place I need to be...almost. Uggg. I missed the last taxi to the small village (Tingo) outside the big village that I am currently at (Chachapoyas), which is where I need to go to visit the ruins of Kuelap. I have already finished both the books I brought with me and so I am now wasting time on the internet to keep myself occupied. So I am just going to make a blog of randomness.
Randomness:

1. Yay for anime. Why this sudden love for Japan´s legacy to the rest of the world?? Because you can understand what´s going on, no matter what language it is in. For example, most conversations in anime cartoons go like this:

Charater 1: Oh my god!! Your hair looks so good spikey and purple!!
Character 2: I know!! And it looks even better when all those moving lines go through it!!
:::MOVING DIAGONAL LINES!!!!! ACTION AND EXCITEMENT!! WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN THE LINES STOP???::::
Character 1: Man those were some awesome ninja moves that you just did.
Character 2: I know. I never noticed you were part turtle.
Character 1: That is because you are stupid, despite being Japanese and having super sweet nija moves.
Character 2: Oh no!! Here comes the evil witch on her hover craft that is really just a circle (we don´t know how she does that)!!!
:::MORE ACTION AND MOVING DIAGONAL LINES!!!:::

And now you understand why anime is awesome (especially when you are bored and waiting for buses in Peru)

2. Yay for the Washington Post running an article about artist Mark Jenkins. The article is also posted, with pics, on wooster (but it takes some scrolling). DC ain´t got much in the way of an art scene, but it´s got Borf and Jenkins, and they are both pretty bad ass.


3. Yay for me getting to volunteer at Pilpintuwasi Butterfly Farm and Animal Orphanage! Apparently they just got a new baby tarpir which according to Gudrun, one of the directors of the farm, looks like a walking watermelon. Personally, I think tapir looks more like a watermelon crossed with Alph, but thats my opinion. Regardless, they are pretty damn cute and I get to play with one!

Other things I have found amusing/interesting in my wanderings of the net:

Succinct op-eds. by one of Clinton´s former senior advisor.

Ghost bikes.

No comments: