Thursday, August 10, 2006

Recent conversation with a nice old man who owned a bakery

me: can I have some cake, please?
old man: hello,what is your name?
me: Teresa
old man: And where are you from?
me: the united states
old man: you are pretty, but you have a bad president
me: (laugh) yes. I don´t like him. he is bad.
old man: something, something, cuba, something
me: mmm. yes Bush is a bad man.
old man: more somethings, cuba, somethings.
me: mmmmmmm. How much does that cake cost?
old man: one sole.($.30)What do you do?
me: I work at a bar
old man: you are not an artist?
me: umm, no. I like writing, but it´s very hard to get a job writing.
old man: by yourself, yes. You need a group, a union. Then it is possible.

I like old men. They sell me cake and make wise statements about how i need to join a union....aka a CRAZY ARTIST COLLECTIVE!!! Damn people. Even an 60 yr old Peruvian man gets it. In order to have orgies, be the zeitgeist, create an art revolution, stick it to the man, and other such activities, one must have a group. (mom and dad: don´t worry, I¨m not really into orgies, it just sounded good).

ok. Anyway, I have a fever of a million degrees and my whole body is in pain. So no more blogging for the day; my drugs are going to wear off very soon. Here are some more pics to make you happy, and hopefully my fever will break soon and I will be able to write you a witty, detailed account of the past two weeks so that you will stop sending me angry emails about how I am being a very irresponsible blogger who obviously does not care about the blogging needs of the people back home, how could I be so insensitive, damn it.


On the boat to Iquitos






From the window of the bus to Chachapoyas

2 comments:

Sara said...

YOU HAVE MALARIA, I KNEW IT. WHAT DID I TELL YOU WHEN WE HAD THE MALARIA DRUGS DISCUSSION! YOU SAID, "EH...IT'S MORE MONEY" THE EXACT SAME THING YOU SAID WHEN I POINTED OUT THAT DEODERANT ONLY COST 3 DOLLARS AND LASTS FOR LIKE A YEAR. LORD, TERESA.

kate said...

teresa called me!!! and we talke dfor 3 seconds!!! silly.
i'm going to vegas (almost as cool as peru, but costs less and i dont need malaria pills) okay, i have another brilliant idea, i'll write you an email, maybe