Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Happy Trails

Highlights of the Inca Trail

1. After an 8 hour day of hiking away from everything and up a giant mountain figuring out that my fuel canister had no fuel in it, rendering half my food supply inedible (this is the first day)

2. Being taken in by a very kind, although very drunk, Andean man. I was given access to a fire pit and a place to sleep. Fortunatly, my designated sleep spot was indoors. Indoors on the ground with a horde of 10 very excited guinea pigs. One of which sounded more like a elephant with a nasal infection than a guinea pig.

3. Seeing birds that looked like they belonged in the ocean in a marsh on the top of a 4,400m mountain.

4. Sleeping in the middle of some ruins in a feeble attempt to shelter myself from the wind. Later getting up at 3:30 am to keep hiking because I was too cold to sleep and figured at least I´d be warmer that way.

5. Not getting bit by rabid dogs

6. Snickers, granola, and soy milk for at least 3 meals

7. Loosing feeling on my right hip from my backpacking rubbing against me

8. Sections of the trail being almost perfectly intact

9. The Andes (not the mint)

3 comments:

meg said...

Yay! She did it!!! and it sounds loike you didn't bring canned food!! you are sooo smart! that's why you out-wiled the rabid dog!!

Wannabehero said...

What number die do you roll for a save vs. rabid dog spell?

Wannabehero said...

oh and btw that picture if effing beautiful.