Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Pipe Dreams of an Old Maid


I know, I know. How could a girl on a 5 month travelling binge possibly, for even a moment, be unhappy (reference 2 blogs ago). Ok, so I admit, I was being a bit of a weiner. But hear me out... Sometimes, even in the midst of amazing travels one can feel things other than pure bliss. Sometimes you get tired of always being singled out...or single. Sometimes, like during 30 hour bus trips, or while bedridden for days with a mysterious jungle fever, or while sleeping in the middle of the mountains without a tent, you start to think it might be nice to have someone to talk to (not to mention to help you ward off the encrouching death which you are sure is coming after you). But if you are picky about who you want to share certain spectacular experiences with and also have a rather active imagination, then being alone isn´t too bad. But then you get to Cusco. In Cusco everyone is beautiful, everyone has money, and everyone has a partner (who is also beautiful and loaded which means they get to eat at all the amazing looking restaraunts that serve things other than rice, potatoes, and eggs). And then you start to feel a little lonely. Perhaps a recent converstaion with the amazing Ms. Sullivan about two of my travel dreams will explain:

Dream 1
me: well wouldnt it be great to sneak into macchu picchu at night and have wild traveller sex with this amazing free spirited person that also has a tent and speaks spanish and has a great tan and bod from all his mountaineering?

Charlotte: wait please tell me you actually did that

me: and then you go tramping around together being unconquerable?
no this is my dream
i havent been to macchu picchu yet
...
Dream 2 (with reoccurring themes from Dream 1)
me: i want to collect indigenous fairy tales
and you know, publish a trilingual book of peruvian fairy tales
and then i will be a famed author
and then some hot writer man will find me and we will fly away to india and have wild nomad sex on top of the backs of elephants and in the himalayas

Charlotte: oh man nomad sex
i love your idea.
sounds like you'll need some ethereal photos/illustrations to go with the text.

me: yes mamam

Charlotte: then i'll be a legendary book designer and be having hot art fag sex on top of rolls royce cars.

me: lol
so thats my dream
of two
the other being hot nomad sex partner
i think my small freakout was that i wasnt finding said partner, and i felt like it was my fault for not being spontaneous or outgoing enough or something.
Like anyone else would have had found, seduced, and birthed like 8 nomad offspring by this time with this nomadic sex god.
......
So, yeah I know, I´m retarded for being unhappy b/c I haven´t found a NSG(nomadic sex god). But such retardation (also known as dreaming big and being rather uncompromising) also leads to things like running away to Peru and sleeping in guinea pig huts, so its not all bad. But in the mean time, if any of you out there happen to run across any NSGs, tell them you know this slightly crazed, slightly agressive, super amazing girl who also happens to be rather nomadic down in Peru. And give them my contact info, ok?

No comments: