Friday, February 27, 2009

Something I May Have Forgotten to Mention

My roommate, Cherie Saulter, and I have been very curious about the recycling culture that thrives in our neighborhood. A few months ago we decided to interview and photograph some of the people bringing their bottles and cans to Alliance Metals, one of the recycling centers nearby. In December we were chosen to have our "photo-documentary" project shown at Rock Paper Scissors, the small community arts space that I work at as a bookkeeper. It was a small show, and sort of put on by our friends, but it was still pretty cool to see our work up in a public space.

Our display was pretty awesome. We hung the series of photos up, and underneath we had a shopping cart full of cans and bottles. Several of the cans contained the interviews I had gathered, and so people had to sort through the recycling to find the stories. Below are a few of the photos that were shown (taken by Cherie), and the artists' statement that I wrote.



Rita



Danny

2 comments:

Sara said...

Whoa that sounds so cool! Nice job!

Carol said...

It's time to update your blog!!!